All I seem to want to do lately is read and write about books. How did it get to this? True, I had no direction when I started blogging so, games-afoot as to where I was going to end-up. I suppose it was inevitable, books and gardening. But, since days and nights have been either too cold, too wet, too windy and/or just too dark to garden, foreseeable then, that my indoor voice would prevail.
I did make it outside for a bit today as well as a few days back when the rain had let-up and even though there was a might brisk of a wind at my back. I planted Holly Hocks (bulbs), and Sweet Peas (seeds) along the picket fence out front, and I cut away a few brittle branches from off my three Hydrangeas in back. Branches, stiffened by the recent Tom-foolery of Mother Nature, froze near to death, so oft and away I plucked. Oh, and of course what grand ole’ time it was indeed to have poked a hole in my finger with a nail that was sticking out of a trellis that I was fiddling with. Oh all right, the hole was miniscule, but it did give me a few extra words in the telling, now didn’t it?
I am very much enjoying Old Man’s War by John Scalzi. I began reading it last night into the wee hours, and am half way through. When I read the teaser pages on-line, I knew I was drawn to the author’s writing style, but since the book was a hard SF, I wasn’t too certain I’d be able to get into the storyline. Most hard SF, or rather to say Science Fiction without the Fantasy element, perplexes me as I’m always trying to remember what the heck the words mean rather than get into the story, so I don’t bother. But this book is really quite good. No ‘foreign’ (SF) words to distract me, and I’m liking the characters and where they are taking me.
The dude just attempted to lay a guilt trip at my feet by bandying about the WALK word in front of Ozzy. It doesn’t appear to be raining at this moment in time so, of course, since the spousal unit is working and can’t leave his office, the insinuation is left silent but not before Ozzy’s ears perk up at the W word. Now, dude having left the room, I am subjected to hot and heavy staring by those droopy feel sorry for me eyes.
So, ok then……I was done writing anyway.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment