"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Monday, September 7, 2009

Percolations

Autumn is upon us and with
winter fast approacing, I must get
my bedside table ready.



A collection of spine tingling tales.
A homage to gothic horror stories.

I will be saving this one
for a dark windy night.




This one is about a china rabbit
named Edward. It is replete with
sumptuous gouache illustrations
and, I'm told, an old-fashioned
tear-jerking dramatic narrative.

I will read this one the day
it arrives.




This is a book about friends who
exchange letters in the shadow
of world war two.




And, this is a true story
about a writer who finds an old
Journal in a dumpster, and turns it
into a novel.

I will be hiding myself away with this one


______________________

Having finished Book three of the Harry Potter series, I've resumned reading Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell. This and an assortment of theological books are stacked on my bedside table. Strange bedfellows.
.
.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Ill have to order that first one! It looks amazing!! Perfect for a dark rainy night!! By the way- my lil Mimi seems to LOVE coraline!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING