"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Friday, November 25, 2011

Journal entry

It was early and I had just awakened from a restless night. As I lay pending full awareness before getting out of bed, the light from a vehicle hit the far wall in my bedroom where a shadow of a person stood, fully-formed, before me.

The light lingered just long enough to give my awareness a moment to catch-up with my senses. Just long enough to know that I was not in a dream. Then, as the light beam moved away, leaving me in darkness, the shadow was gone.

It was there.
It was not a dream.
It was not my imagination.
It appeared in my full field of vision.
I was not afraid nor did I feel a sense of dread.

My room is upstairs so it was not the reflection of a person outside merely caught in the headlight and projected onto the wall of my room. As a matter of fact, whatever it was, was in the room and not on the wall at all.

*Horatio:
O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!
Hamlet:
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

*Shakespeare's
Hamlet
Act 1, Scene 5, 159-167
~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING