"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Sunday, November 20, 2011

 

























If you happen to be one of the few who have been following Enchanted, then you know and have known for some time now that I love to read. There are books in virtually every room of our home. Some stand honorably in bookshelves. Some lay in-wait, stacked on tables and on floors. Some, I’m ashamed to say, are in boxes in the attic (no more room at the Inn, so I had no choice). My books are not in the same room. They are scattered about like sheep in a field.

One day I hope to put all my friends in one room.
Maybe the spousal unit will take pity.
Maybe the spousal unit will build bookshelves.
Maybe one day, *if he builds it, they will come…….









* “If you build it, he will come.”    
Shoeless Joe
W.P. Kinsella

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING