"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Percolations

I am one of those people who gets attached to the characters and places in a book, so when I finished all 11 of the Ranger’s Apprentice books, including The Lost Stories, I knew it was not going to be pretty.  I was a druggie in withdrawal. No matter how many books I read, I just couldn’t get that same fix; that same high. But now, the need to satiate my self-inflicted addiction brought about by the Araluens and the Scandians is about to change.

On November 1st, the journey back to Scandia begins…… 

The Brotherband Chronicles/Book One: The Outcasts
(companion to The Ranger’s Apprentice YA series)

..... and with the Scandians? 
a most unlikely bedfellow will arrive :

she's baaack.....


The year is 1950, somewhere in England.

An eleven year old girl lives with her most unusual family in a most unusual Victorian house on the outskirts of a most unusual town. In this, the fourth installment of the Flavia de Luce YA series, Flavia is out to ensnare jolly ole Saint Nick. Until, of course, a strangled corpse shows up to spoil all the fun.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING