"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Sunday, February 13, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE !!


Even though we don’t celebrate birthdays anymore, I thought it would be nice to, at least, acknowledge. Today is my dear husband’s birthday who, silently checked the postbox these past couple of days, in anticipation of getting a card or two. He likes cards. If he thought I wasn’t aware of his movements and reasons, I am a far better spy than even I give myself credit for. Not much gets past me.

I’ll cook a couple of steaks along-side some eggs and hash-browns later this morning, he likes steak and eggs, then ignore his disappearing act as he enjoys sports and music in his studio. This is, after all, his day.

I’m sure the phone will ring a time or two or three or four, and of course the caller will want to talk with the birthday boy. He'll like that. He always does. He’ll be waiting....

Happy birthday my love.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING