"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another year.

 
 
  
I consider myself fortunate.
Even though,
to someone looking in through a clouded window,
we appear inappropriately suited.
The dude and I are very well-matched to one another despite our differences.
We each come from a similar background;
We each spent time in the same backyard,
just near-missing one another by a few years;
and
we are both very intelligent,
 though he retains trivia better than anyone I know. 
 
 
 
 

The one or two things we don’t like about one another, we have learned to accept as unimportant in the scheme of things. So yes, I consider myself fortunate. Two seemingly, at-total-opposite-ends-of-the-spectrum people still love one another after all these years.
Go figure.


 

I like how we laugh together.
Sometimes you make me laugh so hard,
I’m rolling to the ground,
and you have to help me up.

 
 
  
 Happy Anniversary
 my love.
.
.

2 comments:

mylifetimes said...

Felice Anniversario. Che belle queste foto che ripercorrono il vostro passato insieme.
Tanti tanti auguri.
Abbracci
Katia

ilva said...

Auguri, auguri, AUGURI!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING