Living here has taught me how to take time. Take time to stroll along the water’s edge; to hike along a wooded trail or meander about in my neighborhood without purpose; to sit placidly and sip a cool refreshing frosted glass of sweet sun tea. Here I learned how to take the time to listen as the thunderous sounds of the pacific ocean beats the drum of an otherwise quiet day; to smell the salt in the air and the scent of pine, from oft the mountain, that discreetly attempts to mask the ocean's fragrance. Here I taste my life, and swirl the wine before I slowly drink it.
Here I take the time to cut fresh Rosemary from my garden, and use it to flavor a meal; to run my hand across the Mint leaves and gather the crispness of their bouquet without disturbing their tranquility.
Here, I have learned that there are no wasted hours, even if all I do all day long is sit and listen to the birds as they practice their doxologies.
There is pleasure that waited patiently for me: to set deep my roots ~ to find the right soil and burrow down so as not to waste any more time.
Here I have learned how to use the wings that God gave me.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment