"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010? Really?

In a couple of days we will all fall into a new year. My Goodness!! Is it really 2010?! It seems like just yesterday that it was 1965.
 2010? Blasphemy. Is it the 1960s somewhere else?
May I go there please?

Funny thing about getting old is, only the body ages. The mind, the thoughts, the dreams, the outlook are still young. If it weren’t for a few slight body aches..... and mirrors ~ I would still be young. If you didn’t know better, would you even suspect that I am …. Well, let’s not even go there. If I say it out loud, it becomes true. I know, I know. You look at me and see an old woman, but if you couldn’t see me, would I still be old?

I am not ready to embrace these ‘old’ moments.
 To hold the years accountable. To acquiesce to them. Perhaps I never will be.
Perhaps I will ride my Harley forever.
.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING