These past few days I have been looking at other Blogs. A lot. Two things that are glaringly crystal are that most have only one theme throughout, and others have a lot of advertising.
While I can understand and appreciate the Blogs that only have one thread like, interior design, food or crafting, I cannot appreciate the Blogs with a plethora of Ads. I thought the whole point of Blogging was to get away from the commercial aspect of life, a way to relax and enjoy the mirror of one’s self. And, at the same time, share who we are with others.
Maybe I’m the one who has it wrong. Afterall, I seem to be in the minority, splashing a rainbow across the page instead of just one color. Skipping from one thing to the next without rhyme or reason depending on mood. And oh my gosh, sometimes I even write hidden messages to those who know who they are, while others are left thinking, ‘is she talking about me?’ That’s okay, because if it gives you a moment to pause and reflect, I’ve touched more than the intended.
The Blogs I follow are mostly sewn with one thread and don’t distract from the heart of the matter with advertising. They appeal to my inner self and allow me the freedom to travel beyond my own boundaries, which I love. (My Life Times) shares her family, whom I have gotten to know, and the life she lives in her beautiful Italian home; (Inthefoodxlove) is about a woman who loves to cook and who shares that passion through, not only her recipes, but in the words that give me a glimpse into her personal Italian life; (TerracinaBlog) which, for some reason keeps falling off my list, takes me back in time to my formative youth through the pictures of Terracina, Italy of the 1960s and ‘70s; (Cool e Chic) is a Blog that borders on the commercial edge, but it doesn’t go overboard, and I like her attitude; (Rumours of Angels) is my spiritual tap, written by a young Scottish woman (Minister) who keeps me grounded and inspires me to higher levels; and (Stories of a Single Mom) written by my daughter, who shares the ups and downs of the journey she is taking after divorce while raising her own daughter. I see myself in some of her words and wish she would write more.
This Blog, my Enchanted Blog, is a portrait of my soul, be it good, bad or indifferent. I want my children, grandchildren, and family to know the person that is hidden from them in real time. I want them to know that I was once a young girl with dreams and hopes who has turned into an old woman wishing she had lived her life in all her moments instead of running through them and missing it all. I want them to know that I do understand, that I do relate and that I am not so different.
So, here’s lookin’ at you kid……
.
.
"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Terracina/San Felice
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
No comments:
Post a Comment