"For us, our house is not insentient matter—it has a heart, and a soul, and eyes to see us with; and approvals, and solicitudes, and deep sympathies; it is of us, and we are in its confidence, and live in its grace and in the peace of its benediction. We never come home from an absence that its face does not light up and speak out its eloquent welcome—and we can not enter it unmoved."
—Mark Twain, 1896
______________________________

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

St. Fiacre, Patron Saint of Gardens

We have had some glorious temperatures these past few days. The morning mist covered the ground with a thin layer of moisture early this morning, and now it glistens as it begins to vaporize in the warm sun.

I basked in the sun’s rays yesterday as I tended the ground in preparation for the planting season. I am blueprinting in anticipation that the garden in my head will come alive, and all the plants I nestle in the rich dark soil will come into their own to reward me my hard work with bursting colors and sweet scents.

Today I will relish in the clean up of the Secret Garden that isn’t there yet: a small strip of land between the garden studio and the fence that borders the property next door. I will till the ground and make a path with the pebbles that have taken refuge in the barren earth that slumbers there.

Today, I disturb the quiet.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin


Terracina/San Felice

THANK YOU FOR VISITING

THANK YOU FOR VISITING